Saturday, January 9, 2021

Fishing for Pisces


Everyone knows that the first forms of life appeared at the bottom of the ocean, and then populated the earth's surface. It is no coincidence that most of our bodies are made up of water, and that without it none of the living beings that we know can exist. Furthermore, who can assert against the fact that, just as man has wanted to fly, he has also wanted to live at the bottom of the sea. At least we all want to know that liquid and majestic mass that moves on the surface of the earth. Now, you may wonder why I am telling you this story. It happens that it is about many insatiable fishermen who wade through rivers and seas in search of fortunes. In the sea I have seen the scientific advance used to satisfy the human appetite. In return, I never tire of observing the sky and counting the stars that make up the constellation Pisces. I don't need nets or lures for fish. I dive into the ocean in the dead of night and find the fish in the starlight scales that shine in the sky. I feel the happiness when caressing the fire of each one of them, while the others leave their nets to the swaying of the waves. When you manage to get the fish that I am telling you, and you can tell the wrinkles of the history of life and of man, I will tell you why I look at the sky next. Only in this way, I rediscover the image of Pisces.