Friday, January 8, 2021

The seller in the buses

 

I'm a salesman, and my job is to do it on buses. Before I´ve done others in the midst of that law of searching that life in the cities forces us to do. For days and months I saw how in some shopping centers groups of children, young and old, gathered, buying books, sweets, garbage bags and other trinkets that were offered at retail in different sectors of the city. I was very tempted by the idea of ​​doing the same. I thought it was an easy job, but no. The first time I boarded a bus to sell some books on natural medicine that gave me a good result after paying the ticket and asking the driver's permission, I lost part of the profits. Or rather: That was my first shift, as the salespeople say in slang.

My first lesson: Never sell on crowded buses. Even though I won, when I came out several books got lost in the hands of unscrupulous travelers, and I still liked them. After that day I continued doing this type of sales on the buses. However, I risked going up where others had already done it, and therefore the passengers could be tired of so many offers, or they would have empty pockets. Another problem: I had to take care of the coins and counterfeit bills that passengers wanted to get rid of, since they had the habit of asking for the book just when I was going to get off at the change of a traffic light, and when it was ready. starting. In a single day they almost took my litte capital. As I could, I soon got rid of them and also eventually stopped paying the fare. Rather, I did what the vast majority of salespeople do who give out a tempting product to drivers to let them go upstairs to take their turn. The competition is fierce, you have to admit that. In all the avenues and at the confluence of pedestrians, there are thousands of sellers of sweets, books, etc., etc .; outside that there are also others who do not sell, but go up to ask for some help for the burial of a relative, or that since they are fleeing the violence in the fields they also do the same, or because as they are fresh out of jail or a hospital they need the collaboration of the good hearts of the passengers. Those who do best are those who have been climbing to these for years, not only because they are already known by drivers, but because they know where they should get , or because they recognize which bus they should must get on. There are also others who get on by force, when someone gets out through the back door or in an oversight of the driver, or because they do so to reduce their expenses. A matter of luck too. Although this is a difficult job, I think I will continue until when they let us work within these.